Following temporary closures in response to the COVID-19 pandemic, the Town of Stettler is preparing to reopen playgrounds to the public.
Playgrounds are currently undergoing inspection and seasonal maintenance.
The following facilities will be open as of May 29th, 2020:
• Kinsmen Tot Lot Playground – 4701–52 Street
• Meadowlands Playground – 4208-66 Street
• Emmerson Playground – 6019-55 Avenue
• Kinsmen Playground – 6001-50A Avenue
• Grandview Playground – 6005-41 Avenue
• Parkdale Playground – 5711-44 Avenue
• East End Viking Park – 4813-45 Street
• West Stettler Playground – 4601-62 Street
Town of Stettler staff are currently performing annual inspections and routine maintenance on all playgrounds to ensure that they align with the May 29th opening.
According to the guidelines issued by the Government of Alberta and Alberta Health Services, the responsibility for sanitization and hygiene remains with the users of playground equipment. In order to ensure the health and safety of our community, parents and guardians are urged to supervise the following precautions when visiting playgrounds:
• If you are feeling unwell or experiencing symptoms potentially related to COVID-19, do not visit the playgrounds.
• Practice good hand hygiene; wash your hands frequently and refrain from touching your face with unclean hands.
• Carry and use hand sanitizer containing at least 60% alcohol content immediately before and after using playground equipment.
• Maintain physical distancing (2 m or 6 ft) and limit congregating with others when entering,
leaving, or visiting the playgrounds.
• If the playground appears too busy choose an alternate location and come back at a different time.
The Town of Stettler thanks you for your cooperation during this process as we work to prevent the spread of COVID-19.
Town of Stettler Press Release May 25, 2020 @ 3:49