The Councils of the Summer Villages of Rochon Sands and White Sands are seeking a Chief Administrative Officer (CAO). Both the Summer Villages are located on the south shore of Buffalo Lake in Central Alberta approximately 26 km northwest of Stettler, AB.
The ideal candidate must have a proven track record of leadership, financial acumen, political savvy, and the ability to work collaboratively with elected officials, staff, citizens, government, and other community partners. Interested candidates must excel in multi-tasking as the position is the lead go-to person for all matters.
- CAO reports directly to both Councils and is the senior administrator for both Summer Villages providing information, advice, and recommendations to Council on issues that affect the municipalities. This position is the main source for all areas of the job.
- The CAO represents the municipality as a key contributor for matters involving the province and other municipalities.
- The position oversees all operations and employees - both seasonal (6 staff) and full-time (3).
- Duties include: property tax administration, budget, preparing agendas and minutes for Council meetings, accounts receivable and payable, seeking grant monies, knowledge of the Municipal Government Act, policies and bylaws, property development, communicating with residents. Education and Experience:
- The ideal candidate is a proven leader, with relevant post-secondary education and senior management experience in either the public or private sectors. Experience in a Municipal Government office is preferred.
- Working towards a local government certificate or willingness to do so is a requirement of the job. Compensation:
- A competitive compensation package will be provided to this full-time senior management position.
- Salary range $80 000 to $100 000 per annum.
Closing Date: April 25, 2022 Application Return: Please submit your resume and cover letter to info @ rochonsands. net We thank all applicants for their interests, however only those short listed will be contacted.